W.A.R W.A.R

Someone's been watching Dead Leaves

Short and sweet nonetheless, good job

2nd Annual Tank Awards 2nd Annual Tank Awards

Pico 2

Remind me a bit of Chinese Democracy
The album, obv.

Xeru Anime Opening Xeru Anime Opening

Nah

The animation wasn't good, and I didn't like the music. If your gonna make a teaser, it might as well be better than the actual thing. Which I hope isn't the case. Work on your animation skills.

Wishing Star Wishing Star

For all intents and purposes

...But I honestly don't dig this as much as your others.

Here's why-

I feel like you probably accomplished what you set out to do in this song, namely conjure up images of Mario Stars, dreamy space travel (A fairly close minded interpretation, in all likelihood) and the like.

I'm a fan of your minimalism, but I feel like this was lacking something. The song felt a little bit cheesy, which I don't really mind, but I just didn't enjoy this particular brand of cheese. I thought the synth stabs (second instrument) weren't really the right choice of instrument, and that it could have been a little lower or darker in pitch. That dissonant piano lick at 00:46 was a really nice touch, but then the sloop (well played, btw) doesn't really change or progress much. There's a key change and dynamics going on, but, I don't know, I was waiting for something a bit more obnoxious.

The drum and bass beat also felt a little out of place, like it was a club remix. I generally think it's a good thing to vary a beat like that, too, albeit it a time consuming and micromanaging process.

I'm not fond of the subject matter particularly, but that's sort of beside the point. I'm a little bit of a cynic you see. A realist as we pessimists call it.

The song gets stuck in your head just as easily as your others though, and anyone who can see past the glittering gold dust and pink colours should enjoy it.

Finally let me state the obvious.
I feel bad for knocking your very original very first original song, but I'm guessing you'll be happier about the constructive bashing.
So yeah, well done.
Waiting for the next!

VGSongbird responds:

Yeah I really actually do appreciate all you can tell me.
I was going for a "club" song, so I can see how if that wasn't really your style.
But don't feel bad! I always need a little humility ^_^

My other originals you'll probably like.
well...I hope so anyways
thanks for listening

Mario 64 - Ionized Files Mario 64 - Ionized Files

while this was promising and very catchy

it just kinda cut off at the end there, I was expecting it to grow and evolve or implode or something mind blowing

|Baldur's Gate: Town Square| |Baldur's Gate: Town Square|

Goodgood

The only part I think didn't really fit in was the piano.
A thing I've noticed about your songs/remixes is that they don't get into your face too much, which I really appreciate.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank You for your feedback. It's great hearing praise, but it's the constructive criticism that really helps me out. ^_^

Well. being a death metal fan myself, sometimes it's appropriate to make things "in your face," but only when it's APPROPRIATE.
People that fling around synthesized sounds just for the heck of it piss me off.
So maybe one day I'll do a remix that really gets up in your grill....but it'll make sense ;)